Saturday, March 8, 2014

More fauna stories

I was sitting out on the lanai the other morning. About 15-20 ft. From me is a chicken wire fence around a garden space, which was overgrown and used by a neighbor for cows and chickens. The staff of the lodge had started clearing the space to make a garden the day before and there had been some commotion, but I did not know what it was about. This morning, there were several women and a couple of men. One of the women started yelling. I heard the word "snake", and ran to get my camera. Two men came .out of the bushes, one man at each end of a 9 foot python. It turns out that he had been disturbed by the clearing of the space, tried to leave through the fence, and got caught in the chicken wire and was injured. The men were snake experts who were going to bag the snake and take it away to treat it. He will be returned to another area of the grounds when he is well enough. This is an Eco-Lodge, this is an Eco-Lodge. . . . . . .
Last night, I am cleaning up our kitchen, and through the door runs a four inch rat (body length). He was as surprised to see me as I was him, and he hid between two cupboards. I turned out the lights and left the door open for him. This is an Eco-Lodge, this is an Eco-Lodge. . . .
Add them to the assorted list of geckos, skinks, scorpions, millipedes, etc. I did have a discussion with the stray cat living here that she needed to step up her game a little.

1 comment:

  1. Julie, did you get a picture of the python? Sounds like every day is an adventure in Bali. Ed Slingland

    ReplyDelete